Thursday, April 12, 2007

Conquering the Clutter...

Yes, I'm all revved up around here! Did just a little yesterday. And, FINALLY got caught up on my laundry pile yesterday. That feels soo good. I used to get through the pile all the time. I have 2 kids, right now I CAN feel the satisfaction of the laundry being done. Even still, I love Candy's way of doing laundry. She does a person a day. The kids that are old enough to do their own have a day, babies have a day, mom & dad have a day and towels have their day. And you always have the satisfaction that you are "done" for the day. Great idea! Anyway, since the beginning of this year, I've been doing laundry, but it's been a never ending battle for me. I know the problems - Rearranged rooms that don't work right with the clothes situation (closets are spread out all over the house, etc.). My husband has had me do his work uniforms which gave me extra laundry, plus with our tax return we bought bunches of clothes without getting rid of any. Not a good thing.

So, I have some work to do.

This won't get all done in one day. In fact, I'm only going to be working on this this morning, then when my little one goes down for a nap, I'm going out into the shed to find my daughters old baby clothes (for someone in need that we know of) and get out her old playpen so that my cousin can borrow it while he visits this weekend with his new baby daughter. If you have a second, a prayer that we can share our faith with him would be very appreciated. They are not married & they need Jesus Christ. :-)

Ok, here I go...
I'm off to conquer the clutter!

Oh and here's another blog I forgot that is really good to keep you inspired to get organized.

The Lazy Organizer

1 comment:

runningtothecross said...

I had help today, but we didn't get to the clutter...LOL! All we got done was floors, dishes, mopping (kitchen) and vacuuming! Clutter will be there for me tomorrow, I guess.

I will also work on the laundry tomorrow. I was able to get two loads done for my husband. I still need clothes to wear though.

But I am content, my house feels clean...even if it is not perfect. I am relaxed and comfortable with it!

Hope you had a productive and blessed day!
Heather