Friday, March 30, 2007

Time's a Ticking...

I seem to always be posting about taking life slowly. Somehow I have the idea that I have to hurry up and just "get this over with" too often than not. My hope is that the reminder will be to take my time in each task and enjoy what is in front of me. I think where I can get into trouble is when I spend my time wastefully or without thought. Then, I find myself watching the clock and trying to accomplish my chores quickly, and in doing so I learn to dislike the job. When we learn to take pride in the work set before us, we begin to desire to see to it that it's done. Instead of dreading the task, we have IT as our main focus for the day. It's learning to see the job as an extention of who we are, instead the chore being in the way of what we Really want to accomplish. This is our job ladies! This is it. Let's embrace it & learn to love it!! Now, there are times when we should move quickly. I'm not saying that we should lolly gag in our chore, but that we should be mindful as we work. Take time to think about what we are doing and be content to be spending our time in our homes. What a high calling we have been called to!

So, as we go about our duties today, let us remember that this is the best place we can be. Put your heart into your work & sing to make yourself in a more jolly mood if you'd like. But, most importantly, be happy with the job at hand.


Proverbs 31:25
Strength and honour are her clothing;
and she shall rejoice in time to come.

No comments: