Monday, August 13, 2007

Could it be twins?

Ok, maybe every woman gets to this point in her pregnancy and thinks the same thing, I don't know. But, I do know that I've had a few people tell me that I look big for this stage and before you start thinking I need to be offended, they did add that my bump is "all baby." I do remember with my little girl (my last pregnancy) thinking that I was showing entirely too early and I was a bit embarrassed about it. BUT, I didn't show until really late with my son (first pregnancy) it seemed to take forever to even look like I was pregnant. These are my only two I can compare to. Is it true that with each child you show earlier? Or am I just making that up? I've been doing leg exercises just to keep my butt from getting as big as it got this last time. :-)

So, are there any other signs to look for in twins?
I mean besides bulging out like a big ol balloon?

I have yet to take any belly pictures. I am hoping to do that soon. When I do, I'll post a picture up and you can tell me if you think I'm huge or not. I have to admit I am eating A LOT. Which makes me wonder why it's not all in my thighs. It seems to really be going to baby, which is good! I am not much of an eater. I like food just enough to eat it. My husband is the one who loves food, talks about it, cooks it, talks about cooking it. Not me. I just want to get the stuff down so that I can get on with the life that's going on around me. So, being non-stop hungry for me has been a real drag. It has helped a lot with the morning sickness, if I keep my face full, I tend to feel better. Speaking of which, I think I'm doing better recently. I did have to pull over yesterday on the way to Church to throw up on the side of the road, but hey, I only did that once in one day! LOL. In all seriousness though, I think I am getting better in that area. I know it should be weaning down here soon, right?

So, that's my pregnancy update.

In other news... Heather has had her baby!!! It's a girl! Head on over to her place, read her birth story and give her a congratulations note!

3 comments:

runningtothecross said...

Hey!

Thanks for the congrats!

As far as if you are having twins or not...you'll know at 20 weeks for sure! Maybe sooner if you have an ultrasound.

My cousins wife looked like she was 40 weeks at 20 weeks with her twins (unfortunately, if you remember, she was not able to keep her babies...God decided to keep them for Himself).

Oh, and to answer your question about if you look bigger with each pregnancy...YES! Your uterus is that much more stretchy with each baby...at least for the first 3 or so. This time everyone was asking me when I was due at 30 weeks (thinking I was due anytime!). The last time I went to church I was 35 weeks and I was asked the question again of when I was due, little did I know that I would deliver a week later!

Anyway, my dates were NOT off, I just looked HUGE!!! At least huge for my 5' 3" frame! However, I did not get as huge as I did with my last pregnancy simply because I was early.

I hope your morning sickness gets better! Mine lasts for about 5-6 months, but the last 3 months I usually feel great!

Blessings!
Heather

Amy said...

I've heard that you show faster each time, too.

I was so sick that I actually lost weight in each pregnancy, and both were delivered prematurely, too. And that was with tons of medical interventions... I feel so blessed that they both were fairly healthy! But, I guess I am probably not the person to be asking about "what's normal". :)

Shama-Lama Mama said...

I have had both a single pregnancy and a twin pregnancy. And I have to tell you the sickness I had in the first few weeks was STUNNING! Not nausea really, although I hear people can get that pretty badly, but the tiredness and muscle weakness was like narcolepsy. I actually thought something else might be wrong with me, something bad like cancer. It lasted 10 days, and then went back to the normal usual tiredness you have with pregnancy. When I learned it was twins, other twin moms told me that had the same situation.