Thursday, August 09, 2007

Muslim President?

I don't normally ever do politics around here, but I am frankly concerned that someone with a middle name of Hussein who went to Muslim schools would even be considered at a time like this! It's really strange in my opinion. Not only is Obama being considered, but he seems to be one of the top picks on the democratic side. Don't get me wrong, he appeals to people on a lot of different levels, but let's just look at the obvious here can we?

I know that the Lord is in full control of all that will happen. I'm just here to play my part as best as I can. As for me and my house, we'll be voting for someone who seems a little safer to trust our country with.

I will now step off of my soap box.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am not a Barack supporter, but I had never heard anything about him being Muslim, so I had to look it up after I saw your post.

According to his own website, he and his family attend the United Church of Christ. http://www.barackobama.com/about/
It also mentions his work as a youth with a church-based organization in Chicago, and I couldnt' find any references to Muslim anywhere.

Like I said, I'm not a Barack supporter, but I like to learn about all the candidates, so this was interesting to me.